Monday, December 1, 2008

Turkey, Baby, Hunting & Winter

Marcie eyeing the turkeySheldon carving the turkey. It was his first time. Good job Sheldon, you did better than Grandpa. After getting full on a yummy Thanksgiving lunch is was time to work out our arm muscles buy going to the hospital and taking turns holding Taylor.

We all took turns holding him. Good thing no one was sick.


After hugging the baby it was time to get down to business. I'll going to kill a buck this year. This is the first year and my first time hunting. I have always been interested in hunting. The past few years I have learned how to shot well, I bought my own guns, I've gone along on hunts, I've read hunting books, I've watched hunting shows, I've been preparing myself for this. I was ready to take my first buck down. While Kevin took the morning shift in his tree stand I took the afternoon shift in my blind. The first night I walked out with Kevin and Charlotte and they got me all set up. It was one of the coolest things I have ever experienced; sitting in the middle of the woods with only you and the outdoors. Silent…expect for the birds, wind, chipmunks, a few gunshots in the distance and at the end of the night the first sound of a deer. I spotted it, but it was too far away and it was a doe.
Next, night…Nothing!!!
The last night out...I saw two does and again no bucks.
After sitting in the blind for 3 afternoons. I only saw 3 does total.
NO bucks :( Oh well, there’s always next year.
Kevin and I both came home empty handed, but it was a great weekend at the cabin...just hanging out with my two favorite people, Charlotte and Kevin. I knew that I was going to like hunting, but I just loved every minute of it, even in the snow and cold. Note to self: warmer boots next time.
Cabin fun...
The Bag Lady
Winter Wounder Land. Perfect snow for snowmobiling...too bad we didn't bring them up.
On Monday we went of a quad ride to see where the deer have been running. We saw tracks everywhere.

5 comments:

Brink Boys said...

You are one sexy hunter!

Anonymous said...

Watch out boys...here she comes!

Anonymous said...

I always wondered how cool it would be to sit out in the woods alone. But if I go out there with no gun people will just think I am a weirdo.
Maybe next year is your big year!

Tripp said...

Maggie you look tuff in those huntin' clothes!

Robin said...

hottie hottie hunter lady - look out DEER!!