Thursday, October 21, 2010

Kevin's Elk

Last week Kevin and his two cousins took at hunting trip to Colorado. They hiking 6 miles and 3,000 vertical feet to their campsite.

Kevin shot his elk at 358 yard away and his cousin, Todd also shot a bull from the same group at the same time for a true doubleheader. All three guys shot their elks the first morning of the opener and the next two day they spent hiking up and down the mountain with their meat to the truck. Kevin said they each put in over 35 miles of hiking. However, Kevin did not lose any weight in fact I think he gain some. Hee hee. We are all glad that the boys made it home safe and sound.

 

Love the veiws!!!
In a few years I'll have my preference points and I'll be able to hunt for an Elk too.


No comments: